Italy striker Mario Balotelli paused his World Cup preparations to propose to his girlfriend Fanny Neguesha ahead of Saturday’s clash with England in Manaus.
The controversial AC Milan forward took to Instagram to confirm that his on-off partner had said yes late on Monday evening, posting an image of his new fiancee’s hand adorned with a sparkling ring.
Balotelli accompanied the image with the message: ‘She said yes.. The most important yes in my life. That was the place of my question! I Love you and happy birthday too! Je t’aime my WIFE
The former Manchester City man also included a photo of the setting for his proposal, which is believed to be near Mangaratiba, Italy’s base for the World Cup.
Balotelli’s proposal topped off a special night for Fanny, who was celebrating her birthday with her family.
She took to Instagram to post the same image as her soon-to-be huband, along with the message: ‘Tonight, I said the most important yes of my life. That was the best present for my birthday! I love you first and unique husband’.
The pair had previously endured some relationship troubles – Fanny announced she was single via social media at one point – but they now appear to be back on track.
Speaking about Fanny, Balotelli once stated that he could ‘spend his whole life with someone like this’.
The news comes just a few days ahead of Italy’s opening game of the World Cup against England on Saturday.
Balotelli is expected to start up-front on his own for Cesare Prandelli’s side, leaving him in direct opposition with his former City team-mate Joe Hart.
Scroll Down to see more pics